Instructions for CIRCULATORS
1. You must be 18 years old (or 17 years old but will be 18 years old by the November 6, 2018 Election) and a citizen of the United States to circulate a petition for James Mendrick for Sheriff.
2. You may only circulate petitions for candidates of ONE political party. (e.g. You may circulate for as many Republican candidates as you like, but may not circulate for a Republican candidate for one office and also a Democrat candidate for any office, whether the same office or another office).
3. Only one person may circulate each petition sheet.
4. You may sign the petition sheet you are circulating if you are registered to vote in DuPage County.
5. Ask each person if he or she is registered to vote in DuPage County. Only signatures of voters registered in DuPage County count as valid signatures.
6. You must personally see each voter sign his or her own name. Nobody may sign for another person.
7. Partially filled petition sheets count! Please turn in whatever signatures you gather.
8. Do not fill in page numbers on petition sheets.
9. Print your name and home address in the paragraph at the bottom of the petition sheet, but DO NOT SIGN until you are in front of a notary.
10. AFTER you have finished circulating the petition, you must appear before an Illinois notary to sign as the petition circulator and have your signature notarized. DO NOT SIGN as circulator until you are in front of a notary. (Most banks, currency exchanges, and some libraries have a notary available. Many notaries are free, and notaries cannot charge more than a $1 max to notarize your signature.)
Instructions for SIGNERS
1. You must be a registered voter at your current address, AND your address must be DuPage County.
2. You may sign only for yourself. (You may not sign for a family member, friend, etc).
3. You may only sign petitions for candidates of ONE political party for the same Primary Election. (e.g. You may sign as many petitions for Republican candidates as you like, but may not sign a petition for a Republican candidate for one office and a Democrat candidate for any office).
4. Sign your name as you are registered to vote (e.g. “William Smith” not “Bill Smith”).
5. Do not use ditto marks.
Please return completed petitions by to: Mendrick for Sheriff 1339 Hillcrest Lane Woodridge, IL 60517
Thank you for being on our team!